What is microcephaly and its causes and diagnosis
During the delivery of a baby . On diagnosis, found that the baby was infected with the Zika virus.
Birth of a Baby infected with Zika Virus. Zika virus infection during pregnancy is a cause of microcephaly.
During pregnancy, a baby’s head grows because the baby’s brain grows. Microcephaly can occur because a baby’s brain has not developed properly during pregnancy or has stopped growing after birth. From some other reports, some babies with microcephaly have been reported among mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant.
Microcephaly and and causes and diagnosis.
- Microcephaly is a birth defect where a baby’s head is smaller than expected when compared to babies of the same sex and age. Babies with microcephaly often have smaller brains that might not have developed properly.
- Certain infections during pregnancy, such as rubella, toxoplasmosis, or cytomegalovirus
- Severe malnutrition, meaning a lack of nutrients or not getting enough food
- Exposure to harmful substances, such as alcohol, certain drugs, or toxic chemicals
- Interruption of the blood supply to the baby’s brain during development.
- Microcephaly is a lifelong condition. There is no known cure or standard treatment for microcephaly. Because microcephaly can range from mild to severe, treatment options can range as well.
- one microcephalus case is admitted in our medical college and hospital before so long.
- what is Microcephaly
- microcephaly causes
- b.sc nursing, child health nursing, gnm nurse
Posted By: Anju Boora Posted From: Government nursing institute Safidon, JIND