Computer Applications in Pharmacy Notes PDF
Now-a-days computer is become a working hand in pharmacy. In pharmaceutical in industries, hospitals and in various departments for drug information, education, evaluation, analysis, medication history and for maintenance of financial records. It is must to have a good knowledge of computer in the profession of pharmacy. It is introduced as a subject in pharmacy education by mean of it. Here, we will study the Computer Application in Pharmacy Education.
Scope: This subject deals with the introduction Database. Database Management system, computer application in clinical studies and use of databases.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course the student shall be able to
- know the various types of application of computer in pharmacy
- know the various types of databases
- know the various applications of databases in pharmacy
- Number system: Binary number system, Decimal number system, Octal number system, Hexadecimal number systems, conversion decimal to binary, binary to decimal, octal to binary etc, binary addition, binary subtraction – One’s complement ,Two’s complement method, binary multiplication, binary division
- Concept of Information Systems and Software : Information gathering, requirement and feasibility analysis, data flow diagrams, process specifications, input/output design, process life cycle, planning and managing the project
- Web Technologies: Introduction to HTML, XML, CSS and programming languages
- Introduction to Web servers & Server Products
- Introduction to database: MYSQL, MS ACCESS, Pharmacy Drug Database
- Application of computers in Pharmacy – Drug information storage and retrieval, Pharmacokinetics, Mathematical model in Drug design, Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, Electronic Prescribing and discharge (EP) systems, barcode medicine identification and automated dispensing of drugs, mobile technology and adherence monitoring, Diagnostic System, Lab-diagnostic System, Patient Monitoring System, Pharma Information System
- Bioinformatics – Introduction, Objective of Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics Databases, Concepts of Bioinformatics, Impact of Bioinformatics in Vaccine Discovery
- Computers as data analysis in Preclinical development: Chromatographic dada analysis(CDS), Laboratory Information management System (LIMS) and Text Information Management System(TIMS)
- Objective: Design a questionnaire using a word processing package to gather information about a particular diseases.
- Objective: Retrieve the information of drugs and their adverse effects using online tools.
- Objective: Create a HTML web page to show personal information.
- Objective: Creating mailing labels Using Label Wizard , generating label in MS WORD.
- Objective: Create a database in MS Access to store the patient information with the required fields Using access.
- Objective: Design a form in MS Access to view, add, delete and modify the patient record in the database.
- Objective: Generating report and printing the report from patient database.
- Objective: Creating invoice table using – MS Access.
- Objective: Drug information storage and retrieval using MS Access.
- Objective: Creating and working with queries in MS Access.
- Objective: Exporting Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports to web pages.
- Objective: Exporting Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports to XML pages.
If you have additional questions or require more information, do not hesitate to Contact Us.