- Introduction to Communication Style
- Types of communication styles
- Assertive Style
- Aggressive Style
- Passive Aggressive
- Sub massive
- Communication style matrix
- Types according to the matrix
- Direct communication style
- Spirited communication style
- Systemic communication style
- Considerate communication style
|PPT on Communication Style #1||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Communication Style #2||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Communication Style #3||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Communication Style #4||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Communication Style #5||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Communication Style #6||Download as PDF|
Communication is defined as, “the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.” Communication has its own different styles which we most often use in our daily interactions with family, friends and colleagues.
There are various styles of communication, communication must be assertive i.e. clearly express your thoughts and feelings through open, honest and direct communication. Every person communicates with different styles, which include
- Passive aggressive
Most effective style of communication.Being assertive is a core communication skill. Being assertive means that you express yourself effectively and stand up for your point of view, while also respecting the rights and beliefs of others.
It is the style in which individuals express their feelings and opinions and advocate for their needs in a way that violates the rights of others . It is ineffective communication style as the content of the message may get lost because people are too busy reacting to the way it was delivered.
This style is combination of two different moods. Here , the individual appears the surface but really is acting out in anger in subtle, indirect way. These type of people feel powerless and express their feelings by underestimating the real situations
This style is about pleasing other people and avoiding conflicts. The person gives priorities to others and thinks that other people have more rights and more to contribute.
This style is full of calculations and manipulations. These communications are skilled at controlling others to their own advantage. Their spoken words hide their underlying motive.
Matrix of communication style
- The more expressive styles show emotion, less expressive styles refrain from it.
- According to the matrix, the communication can be divided into
- Systemic style: It is a combination of low expressiveness and low assertiveness
- Direct style- Low expressiveness + High assertiveness
- Spirited style- High expressiveness + high assertiveness
- Considerate style- high expressiveness + low assertiveness
You can read more content from presentation given above.