- Introduction to Basic Listening Skills
- What is Listening
- What are Listening Skills
- Importance of Listening Skills
- Types of Listening
- Active Listening
- Characteristics of Active Listener
- Barriers to Active Listening
- Listening Skills in Pharmacy Practice
|PPT on Basic Listening Skills #1||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Basic Listening Skills #2||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Basic Listening Skills #3||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Basic Listening Skills #4||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Basic Listening Skills #5||Download as PDF|
|PPT on Basic Listening Skills #6||Download as PDF|
Listening is a visual as well as auditory act, as we communicate much through body language. Listening is getting verbal communication through the ear which involves identifying the sounds of language and processing them into words and sentences.
What is Listening
The process of receiving, constructing meaning from, and responding to spoken and / or nonverbal messages; to hear.
Importance of Listening Skills
- An attentive listener stimulates better speaking by the speaker
- A good listener learns more than an ordinary listener.
- A good listener learns to detect prejudices , assumptions and attitudes.
- Communication is not complete without effective listening.
Types of Listening
- Discriminative listening
- Biased listening
- Evaluative listening
- Sympathetic listening
- Relationship listening
- False listening
- Initial listening
It involves identifying the difference between various sounds. It also enables one to differentiate between familiar and unfamiliar language.
Active listening is a communication technique used in counseling , training , and conflict resolution . It requires that the listener fully concentrate , understand , respond and then remember what is being said.
It involves more hearing than listening . It means pretending through facial expressions that one is listening when actually one is not.
It involves selecting the desired part of the message and ignoring the undesired part of the message.
You can read more content from presentation given above.